Reportage Artist, Author, and Visual Anthropologist based in Rome, Italy, I worked for the major Publishers – Mondadori, Electa, Rizzoli, Condé Nast, Hachette Rusconi, Rai, etc. – in magazines, newspapers and books.
Today I hold creative retreats and workshops on: Creativity and drawn explorations, Paper and Ink, Book Art.
Meanwhile I’ve exhibited worldwide my works of book art, expressive calligraphy, illustration and photography:
- Italy, Rome, MACRO (Museo d’Arte Contemporanea di Roma), workshop/show event “In & Out”, 2019
- Spain, Madrid, Istituto Italiano di Cultura, Drawing-on-location Event/Poetry Map, 2018
- Egypt, Alexandria, Eight International Biennale for the Artist’s Book, Bibliotheca Alexandrina, Group Show by IIC Cairo, 2018
- Macedonia, Skopje, #99FILES, Museum of Contemporary Art MoCA, 2018
- Italy, Rome, Risonanze, Arteealtro Nomadic Gallery, 2018
- Italy, Rome, Mod’Arte, Arte in Regola Gallery, 2018
- Egypt, Luxor, Luxor Cultural House, Group Show by IIC Cairo, 2017
- Italy, Villapiana (CS), “Digital Doors Festival”, #grafieurbane Show and Workshop, 2017
- Egypt, Cairo, Istituto Italiano di Cultura, Group Show, 2017
- Spain, Madrid, Istituto Italiano di Cultura, #grafieurbane Show Event, 2016
- Italy, Rome Open Studio, “Urban Sketches Collection”, 2014
- Great Britain, London “fLIP” Show/Event“, 2011
- USA, New York, Callahan Gallery, St. Francis College Brooklyn, “Perspectives On Time”, 2011
- Brazil, Florianopolis, “Strati velati”, 2011
- USA, New York, Durst Gallery, “New Visions”, 2011
- Brazil, Brusque, Rome-by-bus 87/70, 2011
- USA, New York, Macy’s Herald sq, “A Woman’s World”, 2011
- Italy, Latina, Laranarossa Gallery, 2011
- USA, New York, Manhattan Borough President Gallery, “The Art of Commerce”, 2010
- Italy, Rome, ViaGiulia95 Gallery, “MUP Project”, 2009
- Italy, Sabaudia (LT), Emilio Greco Museum, “MadPhoto Donna”, 2009
- Italy, International Photo Festival of Corigliano Calabro, “MUP Project”, 2008
* In Juin 2016 and October 2018 I was artist-in-residence at the Italian Cultural Institute in Madrid.
I’m the author of a series of books: “Con le mani, con i piedi” MONDADORI ELECTA Ed, 2015; “Ho cambiato la mia vita”, MONDADORI ELECTA Ed, 2013; three Limited Edition art-books (New York, Tokyo, London), 2010, and “Donne con la valigia” (ASTRAEA Ed, 2009).
As a travel blogger, I’ve run (2008-2015) the successful blog Donneconlavaligia.
To be updated on my projects and workshops, see my blog: www.traccedinchiostro.com
For commissions or inquiries, please contact: