Rome-based reportage artist and visual journalist working mostly on long term project using “pen and ink” (hand-drawn journalism, see: www.traccedinchiostro.com).
Drawing the news for me is a form of slow journalism: I draw to document what I see. During the last two decades I covered current affairs, social, travel and cultural issues, for newspapers, magazines and books publishers – Mondadori, Electa, Rizzoli, Condé Nast, Hachette Rusconi, among others.
I always take a sketchbook with me while traveling, working on assignments or on personal projects: I use drawing “on location” combined with an eclectic point of view as reporter, illustrator and visual anthropologist (I graduated with honors in Cultural Anthropology from La Sapienza University of Rome, specialised in Visual Anthropology).
I have had exhibitions at home and abroad:
- Egypt, Luxor, Luxor Cultural House, Group Show by IIC Cairo, 2017
- Italy, Villapiana (CS), “Digital Doors 2017” Festival, #grafieurbane Solo Show, 2017
- Egypt, Cairo, Istituto Italiano di Cultura, Group Show, 2017
- Spain, Madrid, Istituto Italiano di Cultura, #grafieurbane Show Event, 2016
- Italy, Rome Open Studio, “Urban Sketches Collection”, 2014
- Great Britain, London “fLIP” Show/Event“, 2011
- USA, New York, Callahan Gallery of St. Francis College, Brooklyn, “Perspectives On Time”, 2011
- Brazil, Florianopolis, “Strati velati”, 2011
- USA, New York, Durst Gallery, “New Visions”, 2011
- Brazil, Brusque, Rome-by-bus 87/70, 2011
- USA, New York, Macy’s Herald sq, “A Woman’s World”, 2011
- Italy, Latina, Laranarossa Gallery, 2011
- USA, New York, Manhattan Borough President Gallery, “The Art of Commerce”, 2010
- Italy, Rome, ViaGiulia95 Gallery, “MUP Project”, 2009
- Italy, Sabaudia (LT), Emilio Greco Museum, “MadPhoto Donna”, 2009
- Italy, International Photo Festival of Corigliano Calabro, “MUP Project”, 2008
- Italy, Rome, Atelier Lungaretta, “Travel Sketchbooks”, 2005
* In Juin 2016 I was artist-in-residence at the Italian Cultural Institute in Madrid.
I’m the author of three Limited Edition art-books (New York, Tokyo, London) part of the art-project MUP – Mappe Urbane Personali about the #grafieurbane, textures and signs of a number of cities. As an author I have also published the book of interviews “Con le mani, con i piedi” (photographs by Giovanni Gastel/ interviews by Marina Misiti, It/Engl), MONDADORI ELECTA Editore, 2015; and the book “Ho cambiato la mia vita: 20 storie di donne dal mondo Tupperware”, MONDADORI ELECTA Editore, 2013, with a collection of true stories of women who changed their lives.
As a travel blogger, from 2008 to 2015 I have run a successful blog Donneconlavaligia-I miei taccuini di viaggio and published the illustrated guide: “Donne con la valigia: A Little Guide to the Art of Stylish Travelling“ (ASTRAEA Editrice, 2009). The blog and the book have been featured in several publications, radio and TV news.
I’m available for editorial, institutional and private commissions. Contact and Assignments: