Rome-based reportage artist working mostly on long term projects with an illustrative approach (see: www.traccedinchiostro.com).
Drawing the news for her is a form of slow journalism: she draws to document what she sees. During the last two decades she covered social, travel and cultural issues for newspapers, magazines and books publishers – Mondadori, Electa, Rizzoli, Condé Nast, Hachette Rusconi, among many others.
She always takes a sketchbook with her while working on assignments or on personal projects: she uses drawing “on location” combined with an eclectic point of view as reporter, illustrator and visual anthropologist (she graduated with honors in Cultural Anthropology from La Sapienza University of Rome, specialised in Visual Anthropology).
She has had exhibitions at home and abroad:
- Egypt, Luxor, Luxor Cultural House, Group Show by IIC Cairo, 2017
- Italy, Villapiana (CS), “Digital Doors Festival”, #grafieurbane Solo Show, 2017
- Egypt, Cairo, Istituto Italiano di Cultura, Group Show, 2017
- Spain, Madrid, Istituto Italiano di Cultura, #grafieurbane Show Event, 2016
- Italy, Rome Open Studio, “Urban Sketches Collection”, 2014
- Great Britain, London “fLIP” Show/Event“, 2011
- USA, New York, Callahan Gallery, St. Francis College Brooklyn, “Perspectives On Time”, 2011
- Brazil, Florianopolis, “Strati velati”, 2011
- USA, New York, Durst Gallery, “New Visions”, 2011
- Brazil, Brusque, Rome-by-bus 87/70, 2011
- USA, New York, Macy’s Herald sq, “A Woman’s World”, 2011
- Italy, Latina, Laranarossa Gallery, 2011
- USA, New York, Manhattan Borough President Gallery, “The Art of Commerce”, 2010
- Italy, Rome, ViaGiulia95 Gallery, “MUP Project”, 2009
- Italy, Sabaudia (LT), Emilio Greco Museum, “MadPhoto Donna”, 2009
- Italy, International Photo Festival of Corigliano Calabro, “MUP Project”, 2008
- Italy, Rome, Atelier Lungaretta, “Travel Sketchbooks”, 2005
* In Juin 2016 she was artist-in-residence at the Italian Cultural Institute in Madrid.
She’s the author of three Limited Edition art-books (New York, Tokyo, London) part of the art-project MUP – Mappe Urbane Personali about the #grafieurbane of these cities. As an author she has also published the illustrated book “Con le mani, con i piedi” MONDADORI ELECTA Editore, 2015; and the illustrated book “Ho cambiato la mia vita: 20 storie di donne dal mondo Tupperware”, MONDADORI ELECTA Editore, 2013.
As a travel blogger, from 2008 to 2015 she has run a successful blog Donneconlavaligia-I miei taccuini di viaggio and published the illustrated guide: “Donne con la valigia: A Little Guide to the Art of Stylish Travelling“ (ASTRAEA Editrice, 2009). The blog and the book have been featured in several publications, radio and TV news.
She is available for editorial, institutional and private commissions. Contact and Assignments: